Back in the early days of gasoline-powered automobiles, engine had a problem with knocking. The answer, the oil companies thought, was to mix highly toxic lead into the gas. This poison came out in the exhaust and into the air, the air that kids breath.
Lead is a highly poisonous substance. According to the Mayo Clinic, in adults, is can cause things like high blood pressure, Joint and muscle pain, difficulties with memory or concentration, headache, Abdominal pain, mood disorders, reduced sperm count and abnormal sperm, miscarriage, stillbirth or premature birth in pregnant women and, of course, death. For children, is can cause things like, developmental delay, Learning difficulties, Irritability, Loss of appetite, Weight loss, Sluggishness and fatigue, Abdominal pain, Vomiting, Constipation, Hearing loss and Seizures. And for 60 years is was added to automotive fuel
Listen the this fantastic podcast here:
Thanks for listening!